Some things are better off being known, and we like to make our policies as transparent as possible. Here are some things you'll need to know before checking out.
- Before purchasing
- Placing an order
- Before your delivery
- On the date of your delivery
- After-sales: servicing, returns, cancellations
- Please note that ScanLiving does not provide the following services:
- Trade-in/Buy-in programmes for pre-owned sofas
- Custom-made sizes
- Furniture disposal
- Please note that the images on www.scanliving.com and all its sub-domains/pages are for illustration purposes only, and actual colours may vary slightly depending on:
- Viewing angle
- Wear and tear of display pieces
- We strongly recommend visiting our showrooms for a detailed look and feel at our products. ScanLiving products dimensions may vary slightly from the dimensions specified on the website.
- All prices reflected on www.ScanLiving.com and/or other marketing materials online and/or offline are in Singapore Dollars (SGD, S$), and are inclusive of prevailing government Goods and Services Taxes.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing; ScanLiving reserves the right to amend prices as and when deemed necessary.
- We currently only deliver to addresses in Singapore. Should you wish to purchase an item for use overseas, please note that:
- You will need to arrange for a proxy and/or freight forwarder to collect the items from our warehouse on your behalf. Please note that warehouse opening hours apply.
- Taking any item out of Singapore results in a void warranty.
- Purchased items may only be held at ScanLiving’s warehouse for 6 calendar months from the date of the first order date, and additional storage charges may apply for orders held after the stipulated 6 calendar months.
- Additional storage time is chargeable at S$50 for the 7th month, or 10% of the total sales order amount (whichever is higher).
- From the 8th month onward, storage is chargeable at S$50, or 10% of the total sales order amount (whichever is higher), per week.
- ScanLiving reserves the right to cancel (without refunds) any undelivered order if
- the items have been held at ScanLiving’s warehouse for 10 calendar months from the date of first scheduled delivery or
- storage charges have not been paid upon final delivery.
- Last-piece/Showroom piece/Clearance items may only be held at ScanLiving’s warehouse for up to 1 calendar month from the date of purchase.
Before placing an order, do get familiar with the other sections on this page as well. Please also look through the ScanLiving’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
PLACING AN ORDER
- Order and delivery details may be changed up to 3 working days prior to your chosen delivery date. Please refer to “BEFORE YOUR DELIVERY” below for details. Please note that deliveries may be postponed if the change occurs within 3 days prior to the original delivery date. Please seek assistance from any of our retail showrooms to make changes to your order.
Conditions of sale apply to all purchases. Please refer to "TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE" for further details.
- Standard delivery charges apply to orders that require our delivery and installation services. All orders placed are automatically scheduled for delivery on weekdays, unless otherwise requested. Please note that if your preferred date is no longer available at the time of your purchase, we will contact you to reschedule your delivery. There are no deliveries on Sundays and Public Holidays. Delivery charges are waived for purchases valued over S$2500.
- To ensure that all customers are able to receive their items on the date of their choice, please note that we are unable to accept requests for specific delivery times.
- For As-Is, clearance and/or last-piece items, please note that the maximum holding period is 1 calendar month.
BEFORE YOUR DELIVERY
- Until full payment is made, ownership of all items remains with ScanLiving, and ScanLiving reserves the right to postpone deliveries, or withhold / confiscate / recall any products which have not been paid for. This includes payments for delivery surcharges.
- Please ensure that there is sufficient space available at the location of delivery for your new items, as additional delivery charges and re-stocking fees will apply for items which are unable to be delivered due to insufficient space at the location of delivery.
- ScanLiving is not liable for any damages that result from insufficient space provided to our delivery teams.
- Please feel free to refer to the product dimensions listed on our website for reference, or contact any of our retail showrooms.
- ScanLiving’s delivery services only include delivery, assembly of new items (purchased from ScanLiving or authorized retailers only), and removal of packaging (of newly-purchased ScanLiving items). ScanLiving's delivery services do not include:
- Requests for disposal, dismantling of other items or to shift existing items from one area of the house to another.
- Customers in HDB residences may contact the respective Town Councils for assistance with furniture disposals.
- Installation of mechanisms (e.g. anti-tipping mechanisms, etc.) and/or mounting of items onto walls. Please contact your own contractor to perform such installations.
- Our Customer Service team will contact you via SMS (at the contact number provided on your order) 5 working days prior to your delivery date to advise the delivery timing. A call-back number will be provided in the event the delivery timing allocated is inconvenient for you.
- For condominiums or office buildings, please inform the estate’s management and/or security that you will be expecting a delivery. Do note that some estates require at least one week’s notice, and have restricted timings for deliveries. ScanLiving is not liable for unfulfilled deliveries due to being denied access to private estates, and reserves the right to impose an additional delivery charge for a rescheduled delivery.
- To change your delivery address: Please contact ScanLiving’s Customer Service line (63686793 / 63674535) at least 3 working days prior to your delivery date.
- Please note that deliveries may be rescheduled as a change in delivery address affects the day’s delivery routes.
- To make amendments to items on your order: Please contact any of our showrooms at least 3 working days before your delivery date.
- Please note that deliveries may be rescheduled depending on item availability.
- To reschedule your delivery: Please contact our Showrooms or Customer Service (63686793 / 63674535) at least 3 working days before your delivery date. Please note that requests to reschedule a delivery are subject to available delivery slots. Additional stocking charges may also be imposed if the new delivery date exceeds 6 calendar months from the date of initial purchase.
- Customers will be required to top-up the difference in amount (S$25) in the event that a weekday delivery is rescheduled to a Saturday.
- Delivery dates may not be rescheduled on a pre-scheduled delivery date. Last-minute cancellations or postponing of deliveries will incur additional re-stocking and delivery charges.
ON THE DATE OF YOUR DELIVERY
- Deliveries are normally made during regular working hours (9.30am - 6pm).
- Our delivery team will be notifying you via SMS (at the contact number provided on your order) when they are En route to your delivery address.
- While our delivery teams strive for punctuality, please note that delays may be caused by traffic/weather conditions, and/or unforeseen circumstances such as vehicle breakdowns or unexpected requests at another delivery address.
- If a delay is caused due to any of the above-stated reasons and we are unable to deliver your order, please allow us to reschedule your delivery. No additional delivery charges will be incurred.
- If you are unable to be at the delivery address to receive your order, please ensure that someone (of minimum 18 years of age) is able to receive the items on your behalf. Please note that this Representative is fully responsible for accepting the items and ensuring that your order is complete, and without manufacturing defects.
- If you are not at the delivery address at the arranged delivery time, our delivery team will wait for up to 15 minutes only. (E.g., if the allocated time slot is 1pm – 3pm, our delivery team will wait till 3.15pm.)
- In the event of a Failed Delivery, please note that the following charges will be incurred:
- A delivery is considered as a Failed Delivery if:
- No one is present to receive the items during the allocated time slot (including the 15-minute grace period).
- The delivery teams are refused entry by estate/building management.
- ScanLiving receives a postponement request 3 working days before the date of delivery ('3 working days' includes the date of delivery). E.G. if a delivery is scheduled for a Saturday, requests for postponement can be accepted up till the preceding Wednesday, 5.30pm.
- Do check your items for any manufacturing defects upon delivery. For details regarding manufacturing defects, please refer to “OUR WARRANTY”.
- In the event a manufacturing defect is found, ScanLiving’s delivery team may not immediately perform repairs or recall the defective item.
- Please refer to "AFTER-SALES" for next steps.
- In the case of mansionettes or private housing, our delivery teams may be required to move items up staircases. An additional manpower charge may be imposed on-site if our movers are required to carry items to additional floors.
AFTER SALES: SERVICING, RETURNS, CANCELLATIONS
- Should any product defect be discovered at any time,
- Quoting your Sales Order number, please send the following photos of the defective item to hello@ScanLiving.com.sg:
- A photo where the whole item can be seen.
- A close-up photo of the defective area.
- Our Customer Service team will be in contact within 2-3 working days of receiving your email to make arrangements.
- Damages will be reviewed, and ScanLiving reserves the right to refute claims regarding goods perceived to be defective in accordance with ScanLiving’s PRODUCT WARRANTY.
- Please note that any claims regarding shortages or defective goods made one year after the product's date of delivery may incur servicing charges. Please view ScanLiving’s PRODUCT WARRANTY for more details.
- ScanLiving reserves the right to refuse services without a proof of purchase. A proof of purchase may be in the form of the original sales order number, or providing the original buyer's contact details.
- Cancelled orders, or items cancelled from your order before your delivery will be refunded in the form of store credit only. This is in the form of a product voucher, which is valid for one calendar year from the date of issue, and is fully transferable (i.e. can be used by someone else). Product vouchers must be collected in person at a showroom of your choice.
- Refunds due to product defects (not including damages sustained by causes other than manufacturing errors) can be in the form of either of the following options:
- store credit (product voucher)
- cheque (admin charges up to 5% of refund amount apply)
- Re-stocking fees may be applicable in the event of failed deliveries or last-minute cancellations: